Deep Midnight Perfumes

Deep Midnight Perfumes

Friday, August 14, 2015

Eco-Friendly Greetings: An Interview with Kathleen Rossi of Goldfield Arts

Hello, dear readers! 

Today I have an interview with Kathleen Rossi, graphic designer, artist, and owner of Goldfield Arts.  Her eco-friendly greeting cards combine wonderful vintage imagery, artistic designs and beautiful, embellished details to create greetings that inspire and delight. Please read on to learn more about her shop :)


What inspires you to create your cards and art?

 Art is my favorite channel for self expression. Goldfield Arts is a creative fusion of correspondence and art that combines a love of the handwritten letter, and my background in the field of graphic design.


 What music do you listen to when you are creating?

Some favorite artists of mine are Andrew Bird, Leon Bridges, Zero 7, Spoon, Amy Winehouse, Washed Out, Blood Orange, and phosphorescent. I'm an eclectic listener and some days I might only want to listen to David Bowie, John Lennon, The Smiths, or mixes from a certain decade. I'm really glad I have a spotify subscription to keep my ears happy!


What is you favorite style or theme of card to create?

My favorite style right now are the vintage inspired, and creative word play cards like "I love your magic", and "when nothing goes right, go left".


 Describe the very first card you created to sell?

The first card I ever created was a little pink silk screened card with little Chinese lanterns in brown ink. I made it at home on my gocco printer. I received a nice online response from what I was sharing on flickr and on my personal blog, so I started a little online shop selling silkscreened papers and jewelry on my (first) website liquidskyarts.com


What sort of new products would you like to add to your shop in the future?

I would like to create a line of personalized invitations for weddings, and also help young designers learn the trade by teaching classes.


What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I love going on adventures with my husband and our little cavalier King Charles spaniel. Sometimes we drive to see the Joshua trees in the desert or make our way up to the central coast of California.


Tell us how you chose your shop name?

My husband and I originally wanted to call our paper company: "YOU + ME". We quickly found out that name was already taken with one fell swoop of a google search. Then came the words "Gold Field", referring to a dreamlike field of wheat in my husbands hometown in Germany, where we took walks together as teenagers. (We added "Arts" at the end our name so that we could cover a broad spectrum of products, you never know we someday we might want to make purses!)


Where can we find your lovely greeting cards?

 Our cards are sold in various boutiques and bookstores, online at our website, and also through Etsy.

www.goldfieldarts.com/
www.etsy.com/shop/GoldfieldArts
www.facebook.com/GoldfieldArts
twitter.com/goldfieldarts
instagram.com/goldfield_arts/
www.pinterest.com/Goldfield_Arts/





Thank you, Kathleen, for sharing your story!  Until next time, dear readers!  XOXO Cat


** All photos are the copyright of and property of Kathleen Rossi and Goldfield Arts.  They are used in this blog with her permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment